In-Person/Mail: Ridgeview Baptist Church, 234 Hurd Road, Church Hill, TN 37642
Position Title: Secretary / Part-Time
Hours: 24 to 32 hrs. per week
- Must be pleasant, discreet, tactful, and capable of honoring confidential communications.
- Must have general knowledge of all office equipment and supplies and a willingness to further their training.
- Must show a willing attitude of Christian service to their position and its responsibility.
- Must possess good telephone and communication skills.
- Must be able to deal with various types of personalities, both on the phone and in person, in a professional manner.
- Perform general office work, under the supervision of the Pastor and cooperation with the other staff.
- Keep accurate church records
- Responsible for paying church bills, check writing, payroll, church bookkeeping and disbursement of church funds
- Record deposits and individual record of contributions
- Scheduling and following church policy regarding building usage and key checkout
- Keep church staff informed of member’s need such as deaths, illness, and other crises.
- Perform general office work; maintain supplies and various files; keep records and compile these into periodic or occasional reports. Accuracy and attention to detail is a must
- Exercise tact, courtesy, confidentiality, and diplomacy in receiving callers, in person or by telephone; keep calendar of appointments.
- Edit and prepare weekly bulletins and other documents as requested.
- Make outgoing calls such as ordering materials or supplies
- At least a high school diploma, some college preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Basic accounting/bookkeeping procedures and good organizational skills.
- Knowledge of ACS church software a plus.